The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act pertains to all publicly held companies. To reduce corporate fraud, these companies must establish internal controls and procedures for financial reporting.
Information technology continues to become a core facilitator of business processes. Many businesses must audit and validate their relevant IT systems. This ensures their company’s processes and records are complying with SOX regulations.
Your entire IT infrastructure—from server and network security to IT practices and operations—must be reinforced and configured to maintain and prove compliance in the event of an audit. Cube 6 Development provides a quick and less costly solution. We offer internal controls to collect and protect the sensitive information needed to prove compliance. Contact us today to learn more.
SOX Compliance serves to establish verifiable security controls to protect companies from disclosure of confidential data. It helps track personnel to detect fraud-related data tampering.
The SOX Act contains many sections that a company must adhere to. But the two principal sections that relate specifically to security are summarized as follows:
- Section 302 – This section safeguards against faulty financial reporting. Companies must safeguard their data responsibly. This ensures financial reports are not based off of faulty data, tampered data, or data that is inaccurate.
- Section 404 – This section mandates adherence to the safeguards stated in Section 302. Data must be externally verifiable by independent auditors. This allows independent auditors to disclose to shareholders and the public any possible breaches in security that may affect company finances. This section guarantees that the security of data can’t be hidden from auditors and security breaches must be reported.
Cube 6 Development provides a secure environment to help companies of any size meet SOX financial record keeping and reporting regulations.
Conducting a Risk Assessment is the first step in identifying and implementing safeguards necessary to be compliant. Cube 6 Development finds the gaps that may exist between a client’s current security structure and the SOX requirements. We scale our solution assessments to meet the individual needs of your company.
- Data Loss Prevention
- Locate, classify, and prevent sensitive data from leaving your network.
- Network Access Control
- Prevent managed and unmanaged devices from introducing malware. We ensure they follow policies.
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Discover any potential weaknesses in your system to prevent exploitation by hackers.
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention
- Reinforce your network boundary perimeter. This protects against attacks that could threaten your financial systems.
- Gain an expansive visibility of potential threats to your network. Strengthen your compliance processes through logging, monitoring, and analysis of events.
- SSL Certificates
- Keep sensitive data protected. Prevent data transmission across web-enabled applications.
What Our Clients Say About Us
The current Software product range offered by Cube 6 Development is innovative, practical and user friendly. With ongoing customer-base driven features and product support that is second to none, I have complete confidence when making any product investment decision.
Chief Executive Officer
Cube 6 Development Client Since 2012
It has been a real pleasure to work with Cube 6 Development. I have been extremely happy with their professionalism, quality of work and creative ideas. They are very focused on getting the job done in a timely manner, and have been a great communicator. Cube 6 Development also has innovated ways to keep the development costs down, which is greatly appreciated. I highly recommend Cube 6 Development and will continue to do business with them on an ongoing basis.
Cube 6 Development Client Since 2014
When I decided to set up my first website, I had no idea where to begin. I didn’t know anything except that I wanted to be able to publish new entries to my website spontaneously and on my own. Cube 6 Development listened to my vision of the site, guided me through the creation process at my own pace and patiently answered all my questions. Even after the site was up and running Cube 6 Development were always available to answer my questions or teach me something new to make my work easier or make the site more professional and efficient.
Cube 6 Development gave me the skills and confidence to gradually take on more and more of the day-to-day activities for my site and I know that when I am ready to add more features to my site, Cube 6 Development will be there to help me every step of the way.